Dear Charlee,
I know you miss me a lot and are devastated I have left you with your grandparents (who can be quite boring at times), but it is better off - I promise! As much as you would love walking the hilly and lush compound and joining the bush walking club with me, there are reasons my principal about had a heart attack when she saw "kitchen and dog dishes" written on the side of one of my boxes when they arrived earlier in the week.
As I drove down the road (on not the wrong, but the opposite side) this morning toward town for morning tea at the Crowne Plaza there were scraggly dogs everywhere. Not really your type of friends Charlee - more the gangster make of dog, less of the hippie beach dog breed. They wonder the roads looking for scraps of food and being shooed away by locals pushing for their own space on the side walks and road ways. You're more of an in the car road trip kind of dog, than a scrounging along the roadside kind of dog.
Dogs are not allowed on the compound, Charlee, so you'd have to be sneaky about being here. Although, Ashlee might like it as all cats are well fed, outside cats. Very much her cup of tea (and her favorite climate, hot and sunny). For awhile there was a bounty on dogs in the compound because they were such a problem - 30 Kina a dog (about $12 US). I think you'd prefer to keep all of your limbs. It's probably easier to hold the marrow bones Bob gives you for dessert that way.
Tidman, the man who was covering my class during my pending arrival, has three dogs that you might like to have doggie playdates with Char. He keeps them as pets and one is a new German Shepard puppy, but he has to watch him like a hawk. His neighbors think his pups look tasty. Apparently, dog is a means of nourishment here. His old dog, who went missing, is believed to have been bludgeoned, grilled, and devoured by his back neighbors. Even at your chunkiest, I don't think you'd make a good meal. Better you stay with Bob and stand on the coffee table while he feeds you slices of block cheese than being the main course.
Charlee I know you love adventure and a roadtrip as much as I do, but I think it's best you've sat yourself on the sidelines of this one. Although I miss and love you, it makes me smile to think of you romping around the very safe backyard chasing the ball with Baxter. Please remember that if Bob isn't treating you in a manner you feel you are deserving of, you can always head to D.C. and stay with Jessy and her pack of beasts.
With All My Love,
Your Nette
2 comments:
Dear Mom:
Good to know you don't think I'd make a good meal in PNG. I think I am worth more than $12! Grumps is treating me well! I don't know why you think these people are boring-Last night Baxter and I helped the GP's get the old sofa, love seat. mattress, hutches and desks out of the basement. We got special bones for our work! This morning we are taking a field trip to the dump. Mimi kicks me off the coffee table BUT she is looking for another safe backyard in South Carolina but no luck yet. Ashlee and I took a nap together on the bed this morning. She takes up a LOT of space! Please send pics of your new place. We miss you too!
Love,
Charlee
Charlee doesn't have a Mimi or a Grumps. She has a Pammy and a Bob.
Post a Comment