...our school year ending a day early!
As you know, security is a constant of the minds of those working and living in Papua New Guinea. It is not a "living in fear" kind of concern, just a normal part of every day life. Not driving into unknown areas, being aware of your surroundings, going to certain areas with a friend - these all fall into just normal, every day behaviours.
Due to all of the different regions, provinces, and thus, the multitude of cultures in Papua New Guinea - politics are an extremely heated topic in this developing country.
Today I recieved the email below while at work.
Oh, life in Papua New Guinea...
Not the particularly best reason to end the school year early, but it does give me an extra day to pack for my trip to the village (I will learn how to say the name before I go!) and to the dive resort in Tufi.

No comments:
Post a Comment